Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time

От Dmitry Samokhin
Тема Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
> Nope, no changes.

Really it seems there are :)) Exploring the embedded manifests in the both
executables I found an additional dependency in the new one:
   <dependentAssembly>     <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
version="8.0.50727.4053" processorArchitecture="x86"
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>   </dependentAssembly>

It relates to the Security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack
1 Redistributable Package:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=973544

and can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2

Please note this preparing the release.

After installing this package we experience no problem, the service always
starts in just one second.
Generally, it's perfectly clear that we can get job execution delay up to
the poll interval time. A proposed improvement for the pgAgent that might be
taken into account in the future is to store last read schedules (relative
to the server's real time) locally. And then to connect to the server when
the time is about to come for the nearest next job to execute regardless of
the poll interval set.

Thanks for your help.
Dmitry.

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time