Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time

От Dmitry Samokhin
Тема Re: pgAgent Windows service startup time
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
>> I tried this new binary, and upon start both Windows XP and Server 2003
>> report "The system cannot execute the specified program". Is it built for
>> Windows?
>
> Yes, but maybe you don't have the right runtimes installed on your
> machine. Does the original build work on that box? Where did you get
> that from?

The original build was downloaded from the official website:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/pgadmin3/release/pgagent/pgAgent-3.0.0-win32.zip.
It works OK without any problem except I started this thread on. All runtime
libs are from the official PostgreSQL 8.3.7 distribution. Maybe this test
binary now requires any additional runtimes? Or maybe the file got corrupted
when uploaded/downloaded? I downloaded it two times, file size is 376832
bytes. Please check this and re-upload if needed. Seems that something wrong
with the executable itself, since when I attempt to start the release binary
and it cannot find the libs an error window is displayed with the message
like this: "This application has failed to start because LIBPQ.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Dmitry.