Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew T. O'Connor" wrote:

>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> ROTFL ... so to translate: "If your program crashes, please release
>> locks before crashing."
>
>Obviously that wasn't the intent of the above, but I guess it is the net
>effect.  Either way, I don't think it's a huge problem, it just means
>that PG may not be able to restart for a few seconds until the OS has
>time to clean-up the locks.

I don't think so. I am using DevStudio 2005 here and from time to time the
debugger crashes so that I have to kill the program via the task manager.
Afterwards it's not possible to load the crashed project again in a newly
started DevStudio session, because some project files are still locked
exclusively. The only action that helps is rebooting windows.

Now, I don't know whether DevStudio is using LockFileEx() but somehow this
sounds familiar.

Rainer

Сообщение: Re: Deriving Recovery Snapshots
Сообщение: Re: Deriving Recovery Snapshots