Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?

От: Joseph S
Тема: Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Joseph S, )
 Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Pierre Frédéric Caillaud<>, )
 Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Joseph S, )
    Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Luke Koops, )
     Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Greg Stark, )
      Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Merlin Moncure, )
        Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Greg Stark, )
        Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Mark Mielke, )
         Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Merlin Moncure, )
          Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Greg Stark, )
           Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Merlin Moncure, )
            Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Aidan Van Dyk, )
       Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Joseph S, )
        Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Jeff Janes, )
         Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  ("Kevin Grittner", )
          Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?  (David Rees, )

Scott Marlowe wrote:

> After that you have to start looking at hardware.  Soimething as
> simple as a different drive for indexes and another for WAL, and
> another for the base tables can make a big difference.

If I have 14 drives in a RAID 10 to split between data tables and
indexes what would be the best way to allocate the drives for performance?

От: Joseph S
Сообщение: Re: What exactly is postgres doing during INSERT/UPDATE ?
От: Jean-Michel Pouré
Сообщение: Memory monitoring tool