Datatype of domains not reported correctly.

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Datatype of domains not reported correctly.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I noticed that the getColumns() driver dos not return the proper java.sql.Types value for columns
that are defined through a domain.

I was looking at the pagila sample database. The table film contains the column release_year which
is defined as year. The domain year is defined as

CREATE DOMAIN year AS integer
    CONSTRAINT year_check CHECK (((VALUE >= 1901) AND (VALUE <= 2155)));

When using getColumns() the driver returns the value 2001 for DATA_TYPE (which is
java.sql.Types.DISTINCT).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would have expected the driver to return the numeric value for
the underlying datatype (java.sql.Types.INTEGER in this case).
Or at least java.sql.Types.OTHER (the way it's done for enums)

Regards
Thomas