Re: Copying only incremental records to another DB..

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Copying only incremental records to another DB..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys, 24.07.2009 13:07:
> It would be nice if there were a tool that could do a diff between two
> dumps resulting in a new dump with just the statements necessary to
> apply the differences. I don't think there is such a tool yet though
> (some light Googling does bring up such a tool for sqllite).
> Implementing it does have a few challenges, changes to records with
> foreign keys for example.

You might want to have a look at my SQL Workbench/J

It has a command that can compare the data of two databases for differences and can write the necessary DML statements
toupdate the target database to match the data from the source.

Details can be found here:
http://www.sql-workbench.net/manual/wb-commands.html#command-data-diff

As it does not compare two dumps, but the databases directly, tt requires that connections can be made to both
databasesat the same time (so it's not possible to do an "offline-diff")

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions (support email address is on the homepage).

Regards
Thomas