Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8

От Peter Hunsberger
Тема Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
>> I still don't get it.  I do want a zero for the subversion_flags to be stored in the table.  But it returned an
errorbecause it didn't like subversion_flags='' in the UPDATE SQL statement.

>> subversion_flags | integer       | not null default 0
>
> Right. '' is not 0.  the old version of pgsql converted '' to 0 for
> you, incorrectly.  Now if you want 0 you need to say 0.

Or, since you have the default, set it to null.... (Which may be what
you thought you where doing?)

--
Peter Hunsberger

Сообщение: Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8
Сообщение: Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8