Can't start service but works from command line

От Dejan
Тема Can't start service but works from command line
Дата
Re: Can't start service but works from command line  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
Computer which hosted a database crashed, but I managed to save "data"
folder. I copied it to another computer and pointed postgres to that folder
(stopping the service first). But, the service cannot start. Progress bar
just goes for awhile, and then a pop-up tells me that the service stopped.

I found in Services that command for starting the service is this

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N
"pgsql-8.2" -D "f:\PostgreSQL\data\"

I tried to start it from command line with

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin\pg_ctl.exe" start -w -D
"f:\PostgreSQL\data\"

and it works. The server starts and I can connect to it and access all
tables. But I need it to start as a service. Any help? I'm using version
8.2.5 on WinXP Pro SP2.