Re: Mapping output from a SEQUENCE into something non-repeating/colliding but random-looking?

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: Mapping output from a SEQUENCE into something non-repeating/colliding but random-looking?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher%E2%80%93Yates_shuffle
>    Why does anything need to be repeatable when you only need to make
> sure that each number is only generated once?

That means storing a long list of numbers and doing queries similar to
the following to get ne next value for the sequence.

select id from idtable
  order by id
  limit 1
  offset random(0, (select count (*) from idtable)

a ramdom-looking  1:1 mapping is potentially much more efficient.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Mapping output from a SEQUENCE into something non-repeating/colliding but random-looking?
Сообщение: Re: Re: Mapping output from a SEQUENCE into something non-repeating/colliding but random-looking?