Re: Export Data from one DB and Import into a new DB

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: Export Data from one DB and Import into a new DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2009-04-29, Stefan Sturm <stefan.s.sturm@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are changing the structure of our database from a new release.
> Now we need to export large amounts of data and import it into the new
> db( with a new structure).
>
> Are there any tools( for osx ) to support me doing this?

last time I had to convert a database I loaded it into postgres and
used "SQL" and plpgsql functions.

then dropped the functions, columns and tables  I didn't want to keep around.

things like

 INSERT INTO somenewtable SELECT somequery...

are very powerfull tools

The hardest bit was dealing with the inconsistencies in the input data.