Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?

От Jerry Stuckle
Тема Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoff Muldoon wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle says...
>> pg wrote:
>
>>> The server would run Linux or one of the BSD variant
>
>> You also missed DB2, SQL Server and several others.
>
> Scrap MSSQL Server as a candidate given the above O/S requirement.
>
> Geoff M
>
> Running 3 RHEL4 boxes in an Oracle RAC cluster, with web interfaces
> (RHEL5/Apache/php) on separate VMWare ESX gear.

The OS should be picked based on the requirements of the database and
rest of the system, not vice versa.

I'm not saying I'm recommending SQL Server (or any other RDBMS for that
matter).  But determining the hardware and OS before the rest of the
requirements are determined places artificial limits on the rest of the
system.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

Сообщение: Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?
Сообщение: Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?