Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)

От Csaba Együd
Тема Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
""Scott Marlowe"" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> a következoket írta üzenetében
2008/11/25 Csaba Együd <csegyud@gmail.com>:
> When I log in with PgAdmin I have to create the temp table manually. It's
> ok, and if I use the query tool i cansee query the views after creating
> the
> temp table. But if I want to see the contents of a view in table view
> (View
> Data-View all rows), the views are empty indicating that it lacks of the
> temporary table. When I view directly the table (not the view) and try to
> edit a field the trigger refuses it because of the lack of temp table.

I'm guessing that you're creating tables like:

create temporary table blah blah blah

and can't see them from other connections?  That's normal.  If you
want to be able to see tables from multiple sessions you need to
create regular tables.

-------
Scott,
I'm afraid I posted my letter to the wrong list. I wanted to post to the
pgAdmin not "simply" admin. Sorry for confusion.

Yes, I do use CREATE TEMPORARAY TABLE statement and I know that temp table
lives only during the sessionor transaction. This is what I need. My meant
that I'd like _pgAdmin3_ to use the same session both in the query tool and
the view data tool to be able to use the temp table while modifying the data
via view data tool.

I hope this message will now directed to the pgadmin.support list.

Thank you,
-- Csaba Együd