Re: Building Postgres in Eclipse

От Chris Mayfield
Тема Re: Building Postgres in Eclipse
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am building Postgres using Eclipse with the CDT plugins (pre-packaged
> distrib from eclipse.org). I am wondering if anyone else is using
> Eclipse here?

I've been using Eclipse to build and debug postgres for the past couple
of years.  There's nothing to it really, since all it does is call make
and gdb for you.

> If I am not the only one, we could setup a page on the Wiki explaining
> how to setup the project under Eclipse and share our settings.

Here's what I've found works well, regardless of your platform:

Step 1, from a shell: configure and make postgres as usual

Step 2a, in Eclipse: New Project -> C Project -> Makefile project

Step 2b: uncheck "Use default location" and select the postgres source
dir (i.e. where you ran configure in step 1)

So basically you just tell Eclipse where the files are, and you're done.  Once you create the project it takes a few
minutesto index the code

for the first time (e.g. for jumping to declarations / references).

--Chris

Сообщение: Re: Transactions and temp tables
Сообщение: Re: Transactions and temp tables