Re: long transaction

От Sabin Coanda
Тема Re: long transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> have you considered importing to a temporary 'holding' table with
> copy, then doing 'big' sql statements on it to check constraints, etc?

Yes I considered it, but the problem is the data is very tight related
between different tables and is important to keep the import order of each
entity into the database. With other words, the entity imprt serialization
is mandatory. In fact the import script doesn't keep just insert but also
delete and update for different entities. So copy is not enough. Also using
'big' sql statements cannot guarantee the import order.

Sabin

Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server