Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer

От Daniel Schuchardt
Тема Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer
Дата
Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Daniel Schuchardt wrote:
>> in 81:
>>
>> postgres=# SELECT 1::INTEGER||1::INTEGER;
>> ?column?
>> ----------
>> 11
>> (1 row)
>
> *shudder* is this actually a port of an application originally
> targeted at M*Sql? ;)
>
> Are you using those columns somewhere with their real type - as
> integer? I mean if you use them as text everywhere why not change
> the type once?
>
> T.
*g*

yes, sure we have to CAST it now. thats no problem. but the problem is
to find all the places where to cast. and you see that there are many
possiblilitys.

another example?:

RAISE NOTICE "error during validation % :",
'ks:"'||ks||'"@"'||loopdate||'"';  (here LoopDate is a DateTime)

another one:

here we need to add 4 CASTS. you see.....

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION date_to_yearmonth_dec(TIMESTAMP) RETURNS
INTEGER AS $$
DECLARE R INTEGER;
BEGIN
 IF extract(month FROM $1)<11 THEN
     R:=extract(year FROM $1)||0||extract(month FROM $1)-1;
 ELSE
     R:=extract(year FROM $1)||extract(month FROM $1)-1;
 END IF;
 RETURN  R;
END$$LANGUAGE plpgsql IMMUTABLE;

Сообщение: Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer
Сообщение: Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer