Re: what worked: performance improvements for geo-spatial searching on FreeBSD

От Mark Stosberg
Тема Re: what worked: performance improvements for geo-spatial searching on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Mark,
>
> do you know about our sky segmentation code Q3C,
> see details http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/SkyPixelization
> We use it for billions objects in database and quite happy.

Oleg,

Thanks for the response. That sounds interesting, but it's not clear to
me how I would put together a geo-spatial search calculating distances
around the curvature of the earth using this technique. Is there is a
SQL sample for this that you could point to?

Also, I didn't recognize the names of the techniques you were
benchmarking against "RADEC" and "Rtree", are either of these related to
the "earthdistance" or "cube()" based searches I would have used already?

   Mark