Re: old 7.2 bug?

От dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Тема Re: old 7.2 bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <4744.1025990820@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane  <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>with a debugging malloc package to see what you can learn.  I've used
>Electric Fence for this sort of problem once or twice, but perhaps
>others have better suggestions (efence is pretty old).

I wouldn't consider efenct old.  Just stable.  :->

Actually, with efence, you probably don't have to relink, but instead, run
the efence script.  It will preload the efence shared lib and so you'll
grab it's malloc instead of the system one.  Only works for dynamically
linked binaries, of course.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/