A FAQ that needs updating?

От Ron Mayer
Тема A FAQ that needs updating?
Дата
Re: A FAQ that needs updating?
Список pgsql-advocacy
I'm hoping this is just an old link; but search engines
still seem to like it.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/faq
======================
Q: When will 8.3 come out?
A: version 8.3 is planned to be a short development cycle, coming out
   around July 2007. It's possible that it will be delayed, of course.

Q: Why a short development cycle?
A: For two reasons: (1) we had some major features that didn't make
   the 8.2 release for technical reasons, and (2) we're trying to
   move away from doing the bulk of our intgration and testing in
   midsummer, when many developers are unavailable.

Q: What features will 8.3 have?
A: As always, we can't be certain what will go in and what won't;
   the project has strict quality standards that not all patches can
   make before deadline. However, there were several features which
   just needed a little more work to make 8.2, and those are expected
   to be merged in the first month of 8.3 development. These include
   on-disk compressed bitmap indexes, SQL:XML syntax support, a PL/pgSQL
   debugger, and SQL-standard updatable views.
======================

Also, This item:
Q: Are there any published benchmarks for PostgreSQL?
A: Not currently. Several members of the PostgreSQL development
   team are working with Open Source Development Labs and Sun
   Microsystems on both open source and industry benchmarks.
   Nothing has yet reached the stage of publication, though.
seems to contradict
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/postgresql-publishes-first-real-benchmark-17470