8.3 synchronous_commit

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема 8.3 synchronous_commit
Дата
Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit  (Florian Weimer <fweimer@bfk.de>)
Список pgsql-performance
I might completely misunderstand this feature. Shouldn't
"synchronous_commit = off" improve performance?

Whatever I do, I find "synchronous_commit = off" to degrade performance.

Especially it doesn't like the CFQ I/O scheduler, it's not so bad with
deadline. Synthetic load like

pgbench -i -s 10 -U pgsql -d bench && pgbench -t 1000 -c 100 -U pgsql -d
bench

or the same with scale 100.

Maybe it's just my test box.. single SATA-II drive, XFS on top of LVM.

I'll retry without LVM once I have another drive.. I've seen LVM mess
with other things in the past.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath