Index trouble with 8.3b4

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Index trouble with 8.3b4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I decided to play a bit with 8.3-b4. I did a fresh install from source,
fresh initdb, and created a single test table (about 700K rows) to play
with in-core FTS:

> Welcome to psql 8.3beta4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> hannes=> \d fts
>                           Table "public.fts"
>  Column |   Type   |                    Modifiers
> --------+----------+--------------------------------------------------
>  id     | integer  | not null default nextval('fts_id_seq'::regclass)
>  text   | text     | not null
>  tsv    | tsvector |
>     "pk_fts" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
>

> hannes=> CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY "ts_fts_tsv" ON "public"."fts" USING gin ("tsv");
> ERROR: item pointer (0,1) alreadt exists

I was able to reproduce that error a few times, but not always. It seems
  it only happens with CONCURRENTLY.

After creating a GIST index instead of GIN I tried to cluster on that:

> hannes=> CLUSTER fts USING ts_fts_tsv;
> ERROR:  could not create unique index "pk_fts"
> DETAIL:  Table contains duplicated values.

So duplicate values in my PK column?

> hannes=> SET enable_indexscan = off;
> SET
> hannes=>
> hannes=> SELECT
> hannes->   f.id,
> hannes->   COUNT(f.id)
> hannes-> FROM
> hannes->   public.fts f
> hannes-> GROUP BY
> hannes->   f.id
> hannes-> HAVING
> hannes->   COUNT(f.id) > 1;
>  id | count
> (0 rows)

Where are they?

I'm a bit short of time and will probably not find time to debug this
further until next weekend, sorry.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath