Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Hawkes, 24.10.2007 05:14:
>  - running as a service
>       What happens in the unlikely event that they already have a version of
> Postgres installed?

As far as I know you can happily install different versions in parallel.
You just need to make sure the service name is unique (e.g. by using
your application's name), that you initialize the PGDATA directory
somewhere that is app specific and finally make sure you are not using
the standard port for the communication.
I don't think an already installed Postgres would be "harmed" then.

Thomas