Re: polymorphic table functions light

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: polymorphic table functions light
Дата
Re: polymorphic table functions light  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16/12/2019 22:13, Tom Lane wrote:
> That being the case, I'm not in favor of using up SQL syntax space for it
> if we don't have to.

Do I understand correctly that you are advocating *against* using
standard SQL syntax for a feature that is defined by the SQL Standard
and that we have no similar implementation for?

If so, I would like to stand up to it.  We are known as (at least one
of) the most conforming implementations and I hope we will continue to
be so.  I would rather we remove from rather than add to this page:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL_Standard

--

Vik Fearing