Re: Is this a buggy behavior?

От Thiemo Kellner
Тема Re: Is this a buggy behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 24.03.2024 um 17:43 schrieb Christophe Pettus:
> The situation is much more like the customer saying, "I understand that the standard paint for this car is red, but I
wishit painted blue instead."

Not in the least. Declaring the column to be NULL is explicitly
requesting the car be blue. And declaring, in the same statement, there
be a pk on that column is implicitly requesting the car be red.

> Again, you can argue that PostgreSQL should remember that you explicitly asked for a NULL and generate a warning in
thatcase, but that's not a trivial amount of work, since right now, that NULL is thrown away very early in statement
processing.

Only, if PG is not aware of being in the process of creating a table.

Well, I do not feel, I can make myself understood.

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Is this a buggy behavior?
От: Thiemo Kellner
Сообщение: Empty materialized view