Why we don't have checksums on clog files

От Alex Ignatov
Тема Why we don't have checksums on clog files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!

Why we don't have checksums on clog files.

We have checksum on pg_control, optional checksumming on data files,
some form of checksumming on wal's. But why we don't have any
checksumming on clogs. Corruptions on clogs lead to transaction
visisbility problems and database consistency violation.

Can anybody explain this situation with clogs?

--
Alex Ignatov
The Russian Postgres Company