Re: Question on triggers and plpgsql

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: Question on triggers and plpgsql
Дата
Re: Question on triggers and plpgsql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Apr 8, 2005, at 8:28 AM, John DeSoi wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Carlos Moreno wrote:
>
>> The thing seems to work -- I had to go in a shell as user
>> postgres and execute the command:
>>
>> $ createlang -d dbname plpgsql
>>
>> (I'm not sure I understand why that is necessary, or
>> what implications -- positive or negative -- it may have)
>
> As a security measure, no pl language is available by default. What
> you did is correct. There is not much (any?) risk with pl/pgsql, so
> you can install it in template1 so it will be available in any new
> database you create.
>

>> Am I doing the right thing?  Have I introduced some sort
>> of catastrophe waiting to happen?
>
> I did not notice any problems.

Just one detail, but in the form of a question. In the original
posting, I think the trigger was doing the logging for something
happening on a table as a before insert or update--I may be wrong on
that detail.  I would think of doing such actions AFTER the
update/insert.  In the world of transaction-safe operations, is there
ANY danger in doing the logging as a BEFORE trigger rather than an
AFTER trigger?

Thanks,
Sean

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: