Re: [BUGS] BUG #14471: PostgreSQL 9.6 "NOT IN" in select causes crashwith "ERROR: unknown error"

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14471: PostgreSQL 9.6 "NOT IN" in select causes crashwith "ERROR: unknown error"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 12/23/2016 01:08 AM, Josef Machytka wrote:
> Hi again.
> So I checked all logs and it turned out one of databases involved vent
> into recovery mode because some of its connections was killed.
> Probably out of memory killer did it. So it caused chain reaction. And
> billing query was canceled "due to administration command" and it was
> shown through dblink as "unknown error".
> Which looked quite horrible...

FYI, I committed a fix for this since the initial report.

Before:
----------
test=# -- kill the remote side manually
test=# select * from dblink('dbname=test','select pg_sleep(30)');
ERROR:  unknown error
CONTEXT:  Error occurred on dblink connection named "unnamed": could not
execute query.

After:
test=# -- kill the remote side manually
test=# select * from dblink('dbname=test','select pg_sleep(30)');
ERROR:  server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

CONTEXT:  Error occurred on dblink connection named "unnamed": could not
execute query.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com