Re: Use generation memory context for tuplestore.c

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Use generation memory context for tuplestore.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello David,

03.07.2024 13:41, David Rowley wrote:

>> Lastly, I think this would benefit from a test in
>> regress/sql/explain.sql, as the test changes that were included
>> removed the only occurrance of a Materialize node from the regression
>> tests' EXPLAIN outputs.
> I've modified the tests where the previous patch disabled
> enable_material to enable it again and mask out the possibly unstable
> part. Do you think that's an ok level of testing?

Please look at a segfault crash introduced with 1eff8279d:
CREATE TABLE t1(i int);
CREATE TABLE t2(i int) PARTITION BY RANGE (i);
CREATE TABLE t2p PARTITION OF t2 FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (2);

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM t1 JOIN t2 ON t1.i > t2.i;

Leads to:
Core was generated by `postgres: law regression [local] EXPLAIN                                      '.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

#0  0x000055c36dbac2f7 in tuplestore_storage_type_name (state=0x0) at tuplestore.c:1476
1476            if (state->status == TSS_INMEM)

Best regards,
Alexander