Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/06/07 12:57, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2018-Jun-07, David Rowley wrote:
>> I'm personally not really for or against having the function. I agree
>> that it's slightly weird, but anyway, here's the patch. I'll leave it
>> up to you to which one you prefer, v3 or v4.
>
> Hm I was thinking this new function would be companion to ExecConstrains
> (a fact I used in the name I proposed,) so it'd be in the same file
> (probably right after it.)

Or we could just not have a separate function and put the logic that
determines whether or not to check the partition constraint right before
the following piece of code in ExecConstraints

    if (check_partition_constraint && resultRelInfo->ri_PartitionCheck &&
        !ExecPartitionCheck(resultRelInfo, slot, estate))
        ExecPartitionCheckEmitError(resultRelInfo, slot, estate);

It seems that ExecConstraint receives all the information that's needed to
make that happen.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Сообщение: Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?