Re: [SPAM] [PERFORM] OS cache management

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: [SPAM] [PERFORM] OS cache management
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Il 06/09/2017 10:12, Soni M ha scritto:

> Let's say I have 10 year data, and commonly used data only the last 1
> year. This data is quite big, so each table and index file is divided
> into several file in PGDATA/base

May not be relevant to what you asked, but if you want to keep last yeat
data in a "small and fast" dataset separated (physically separated!) by
old data (that's still available, but response times may vary), IMHO you
should consider partitioning...
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-partitioning.html

HTH,
Moreno.-

От: Gerardo Herzig
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] OS cache management
От: George Neuner
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] printing results of query to file in different times