Re: [HACKERS] Rust bindings to pgtypes lib

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Rust bindings to pgtypes lib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Indeed. I'm quite strongly against exposing / using pgtypeslib in more
> places. If anything it should be phased out. Because that code is

Feel free to come up with a replacement. :)

> definitely not always kept up2date, and it's a lot of work to do so.  If
> anything the code should be rewritten to *not* require so much
> duplication, then we could talk.

Agreed. However, it could be argued that the code is not duplication
(anymore) but a separate implementation of these datatypes.

>> I'm not aware of any other language binding for pgtypeslib.
>
> Some people use http://libpqtypes.esilo.com/

Never before saw this. It does not seem to have more in common than the
name, though.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Revisiting NAMEDATALEN
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Revisiting NAMEDATALEN