Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?

От Ron
Тема Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/20/22 12:31, Rob Sargent wrote:
On 10/20/22 11:29, Ron wrote:
On 10/20/22 12:19, Vince McMahon wrote:
In other databases, there is a way to preallocate the table space to allow bulk loading of data in a well packed and continuous space.

Does psql have that auto/manual growth?

There's no pre-allocation in Postgresql.  When you run CREATE TABLE, an (I think) 8KiB file is created; it grows as you add more data. When it hits 1GiB in size, another table is created.  And then another and another and another, etc.

Another "file" is created, I think you mean

Yes :D

Сообщение: Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?
Сообщение: Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?