Re: Performance benchmark of PG

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Performance benchmark of PG
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2021-07-19 at 15:39 +0530, Manish Lad wrote:
> We are planning to migrate Oracle exadata database to postgresql and db size ranges from 1 tb to 60 TB.
>
> Will the PG support this with the performance matching to that of exadata applince?
> If anyone could point me in the right direction where i xan get the benchmarking done
>  for these two databases either on prime or any cloud would be great.

You won't find any trustworthy benchmarks anywhere, because Oracle expressedly
forbids publishing of benchmark results in its license, unless Oracle has given
its permission.

The question cannot be answered, because performance depends on your workload,
configuration, software and hardware.  Perhaps PostgreSQL will be faster, perhaps not.

Test and see.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe