Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 31.08.23 23:34, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 12 Jul 2023, at 01:36, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 12:43:14AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> I did have coffee before now, but only found time to actually address this now
>>> so here is a v7 with just that change and a fresh rebase.
>>
>> Thanks.  I think the patch is in decent shape.
>
> Due to ENOTENOUGHTIME it bitrotted a bit, so here is a v8 rebase which I really
> hope to close in this CF.

The alignment of this output looks a bit funny:

Checking for prepared transactions                            ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch         ok
Checking for data type usage                                  checking all databases
ok
Checking for presence of required libraries                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                    ok

Also, you should put gettext_noop() calls into the .status = "Checking ..."
assignments and arrange to call gettext() where they are used, to maintain
the translatability.