Re: some grammar refactoring

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: some grammar refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-05-19 08:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is a series of patches to do some refactoring in the grammar around
> the commands COMMENT, DROP, SECURITY LABEL, and ALTER EXTENSION ...
> ADD/DROP.  In the grammar, these commands (with some exceptions)
> basically just take a reference to an object and later look it up in C
> code.  Some of that was already generalized individually for each
> command (drop_type_any_name, drop_type_name, etc.).  This patch combines
> it into common lists for all these commands.

While most of this patch set makes no behavior changes by design, I
should point out this little change hidden in the middle:

     Remove deprecated syntax from CREATE/DROP LANGUAGE

     Remove the option to specify the language name as a single-quoted
     string.  This has been obsolete since ee8ed85da3b.  Removing it allows
     better grammar refactoring.

     The syntax of the CREATE FUNCTION LANGUAGE clause is not changed.

(ee8ed85da3b is in PG 7.2.)

I expect this to be uncontroversial, but it should be pointed out.