Re: Nested Sets

От A. Kulikov
Тема Re: Nested Sets
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Seen this before. The solution is rather lame, as most of the logic is
shifted out to the code, whereas it could have been implemented in the
database directly. I have managed to get a move_tree algorythm working
rather fast and glitch free by now, yet I am wondering if there are
other directions to follow. What I can see as actual are:
* deleting trees* swapping nodes places on one level (including the subtrees)

btw, do stored procedures (user functions in other words) have to
implement table locking or be carried out inside a transaction such
that the nested set indexes remain intact?

regards,

alex

The mind is essential -- http://essentialmind.com/