Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation
Дата
Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation  ("FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)" <farjad.farid@checknetworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Il 29/07/2016 10:43, John R Pierce ha
      scritto:

      cite="mid:5f27cf5e-666d-501e-f250-b4bae0a3f3a3@hogranch.com"
      type="cite">

        cite="mid:5f43e1cd-9348-64bc-ff0c-1906db671277@evolu-s.it"
        type="cite">

          Aside of this,
            I'm having 350 DBs that sum up a bit more than 1 TB, and
            plan
            to use wal_level=archive because I plan to have a backup
            server with barman.

      With that many databases with that so many objects

    350 DBs with about 130 tables and a bunch of sequences each, for the
    sake of precision.
    With extensive use of BLOBs.

      cite="mid:5f27cf5e-666d-501e-f250-b4bae0a3f3a3@hogranch.com"
      type="cite">
      and undoubtable client connections,

    Yes, that's another big problem... we run normally between 500 and
    700 concurrent connections... I had to set max_connections=1000, the
    whole thing grew up faster than we were prepared for...

      cite="mid:5f27cf5e-666d-501e-f250-b4bae0a3f3a3@hogranch.com"
      type="cite">
      I'd want to spread that across a cluster of smaller servers.

    That will be step 2... while migration is running (and will run for
    some months, we have to plan migration with users) I'll test putting
    another one or two machines in cluster, make some test cases, and
    when ready, databases will be migrated on other machines, too.
    I posted a question about this some months ago, and I was told that
    one solution would be to set the servers to be master on some
    databases and slave on others, so we can have a better load
    balancing (instead of having all writes on the sole master, we split
    among all masters depending on which database is getting the write
    command, especially when having to write BLOBs that can be some
    megabytes in size).
    I don't know to achieve this, but I will find a way somewhere.

      cite="mid:5f27cf5e-666d-501e-f250-b4bae0a3f3a3@hogranch.com"
      type="cite">
      just sayin...

    ideas are always precious and welcome.
      cite="mid:5f27cf5e-666d-501e-f250-b4bae0a3f3a3@hogranch.com"
      type="cite">

Сообщение: Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation
Сообщение: Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation