Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/16/2017 04:36 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
> On 15/05/2017 00:17, Martin Goodson wrote:
>

>> Tomorrow I'll have to see about getting that set-up on an RHEL 7 box :)
>>
>> Thank you so much, everybody, for your help! It's been invaluable!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Martin.
>>

> *Sigh*. And things were going so well. With Adrian and Devrim's help I
> was able to get repmgr compiled on my little ubuntu box at home, and I
> cheerfully went into work on Monday all ready to get things compiled nicely.
>
> I forwarded Devrim's list of redhat/CentOS packages needed to my Unix
> support colleagues, who installed the libraries listed. I've now got
> nothing telling me such and such is missing. I now have this instead:

That list would be:
systemd
libxslt-devel
pam-devel
openssl-devel
readline-devel
libmemcached-devel
libicu-devel

Did you also install?:

krb5-devel
libedit-devel

> $ PATH=/db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/bin:$PATH make USE_PGXS=1 clean all
> rm -f *.o
> rm -f repmgrd
> rm -f repmgr
> make -C sql clean
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pginst/repmgr-3.3.1/sql'
>
> rm -f repmgr_funcs.so   librepmgr_funcs.a  librepmgr_funcs.pc
> rm -f repmgr_funcs.sql
> rm -f repmgr_funcs.o
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pginst/repmgr-3.3.1/sql'
>
> gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith

> /bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.1.0.0, needed by
> /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/lib/libpq.so, may conflict with libssl.so.10

Not sure this is an issue, still see below.

What does

ldd /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/lib/libpq.so

show?

And:

whereis libssl.so

> /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: undefined reference to `ber_sockbuf_io_udp'

Is that the end of the messages or are there more after the above?

> I've forwarded that to our UNIX support team, just in case this is some
> manner of known issue - and they've come back today saying, essentially,
> we got nothing :)
>
> FWIW, I'm trying this on a tiny virtual development server running RHEL
> 7.2 with 2 cpus and 4gb of RAM. PostgreSQL was built using the
> EnterpriseDB installer and is in /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3.

So above when you said your colleagues installed the packages for you,
was that on the host or the virtual machine?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com