Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally

От Ondřej Bouda
Тема Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally
Дата
Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ondřej, as a short-term workaround you could prevent the crash
> by setting that index's recheck_on_update property to false.

Thanks for the tip. I am unsuccessful using it, though:

# ALTER INDEX public.schedulecard_overlap_idx SET (recheck_on_update =
FALSE);

ERROR:  unrecognized parameter "recheck_on_update"

Creating a new index is wrong, too:

# CREATE INDEX schedulecard_overlap_idx2
     ON public.schedulecard USING gist
     (scheduletemplate_id, (period_day::integer % 7), timerange)
     WITH (recheck_on_update = FALSE);

ERROR:  unrecognized parameter "recheck_on_update"

It only succeeds if not USING gist:

# CREATE INDEX schedulecard_overlap_idx2
     ON public.schedulecard
     (scheduletemplate_id, (period_day::integer % 7), timerange)
     WITH (recheck_on_update = FALSE);

CREATE INDEX

Is there any other workaround for a gist index, please?
Maybe we will just drop the index until the bug gets fixed - better slow
queries than crashing servers...

Thanks,
Ondřej Bouda