Re: Graphics

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Graphics
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Bob Pawley wrote:

> I use graphics in the application I am writing with PostgreSQL as the

> database.
>
> I am storing the graphics in a file separate from Postgres and
accessing
> them using lo_import.
>
> Is there any method of incorporating the graphics into PostgreSQL so
that
> they become part of the database on pg_dump????

For older versions of pg_dump (pre-8.1 I think) the -b flag was needed.
Recent versions include large objects by default when you're dumping an
entire database, as opposed to a selection of objects.

Also in the dump file it produces, there should be "SELECT
lo_open(lo_create(..." commands, that's how the large objects are
populated.

If not, what version of pg_dump and what command-line options are you
using?

--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: