Re: Question about index on different tablespace and rebuild it

От Condor
Тема Re: Question about index on different tablespace and rebuild it
Дата
Re: Question about index on different tablespace and rebuild it  (Tony Shelver <tshelver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 05-11-2018 10:56, Condor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a database that use index on different table space (nvme). I
> read documentation about table space and understand table space cannot
> be treated as an autonomous collection of data files.
> My question is: Is this always true ? I mean if I have table .. okay
> here is example:
>
> create table t1 ( i integer);
> create index t1_i_idx on t1 using btree (i) tablespace nvme;
>
> In this case only the index is on different table space nvme that is
> not part of data stored into table, I mean if I drop the index, data
> stored in table will still be untouched and not damaged.
> So in this case if I lost table space nvme that is stored into
> different nvme drive, can I insert new one and rebuild all index files
> with reindexdb for example or some other tool like
> mysql/mariadb for example myismcheck or something like that, that can
> rebuild index files when DB sever is offline ?
>

> Regards,
> HS

Some one can answer ?

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally