Re: Improve COPY performance into table with indexes.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Improve COPY performance into table with indexes.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/2/20 9:42 PM, James Brauman wrote:
> I am using the COPY command to insert 10 million rows from a CSV file
> into a database table and I am finding the performance is
> unacceptable. When the COPY command is executed the disk I/O is
> extremely high which leads to degraded query performance for other
> queries being executed on the database.
>
> I have tried removing the indexes from the database table and this
> dramatically improved performance (both reducing the execution time
> and reducing disk I/O).

Is there the option to use tablespaces to move the index(s) to another
disk?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-alterindex.html

"
SET TABLESPACE

     This form changes the index's tablespace to the specified
tablespace and moves the data file(s) associated with the index to the
new tablespace.  ..."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com