Re: Patch to document base64 encoding

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/2/19 10:32 AM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> But I'm not happy with putting any function that works with
> bytea into the binary string section.  This would mean moving,
> say, length() out of the regular string section.

I'm not sure why. The bytea section already has an entry for its
length() function.

There are also length() functions for bit, character, lseg, path,
tsvector....

I don't really think of those as "a length() function" that works
on all those types. I think of a variety of types, many of which
offer a length() function.

That seems to be reflected in the way the docs are arranged.

Regards,
-Chap

Сообщение: Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Сообщение: Re: Patch to document base64 encoding