Re: why doesn't DestroyPartitionDirectory hash_destroy?

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: why doesn't DestroyPartitionDirectory hash_destroy?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019/03/15 1:02, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 3:13 AM Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I'm curious why DestroyPartitionDirectory doesn't do
>> hash_destroy(pdir->pdir_hash)?
>
> What would be the point?  It's more efficient to let context teardown
> take care of it.

Yeah, I only noticed that after posting my email.

As I said in another reply, while the executor's partition directory is
set up and torn down under a dedicated memory context used for execution
(es_query_context), planner's is stuck into MessageContext.  But all of
the other stuff that planner allocates goes into it too, so maybe it's fine.

Thanks,
Amit