Re: converting older databases

От Sathish Duraiswamy
Тема Re: converting older databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hai

Recently we migrated our database from 8.2.4 to 8.2.12 , went through manuals and followed the below steps

1.pg_dumpall to take data dump  of current database
2.stopped database
3.moved the pgsql to backup folder
4.downloaded 8.2.12 , configured - gmake - gmake install
5.recreated cluster directory
6.restored the database with datadump

It was like complete re-installation process.

Can anyone explain a alternative method to upgrade a existing database

thanks in advance

regards
sathish