Re: Backup command and functions can cause assertion failure and segmentation fault

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Backup command and functions can cause assertion failure and segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2022/07/01 15:41, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 03:32:50PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Sounds good idea to me. I updated the patch in that way. Attached.
>
> Skimming quickly through the thread, this failure requires a
> termination of a backend running BASE_BACKUP.  This is basically
> something done by the TAP test added in 0475a97f with a WAL sender
> killed, and MAX_RATE being used to make sure that we have enough time
> to kill the WAL sender even on fast machines.  So you could add a
> regression test, no?

For the test, BASE_BACKUP needs to be canceled after it finishes do_pg_backup_start(), i.e., checkpointing, and before
itcalls do_pg_backup_stop(). So the timing to cancel that seems more severe than the test added in 0475a97f. I'm afraid
thatsome tests can easily cancel the BASE_BACKUP while it's performing a checkpoint in do_pg_backup_start(). So for now
I'mthinking to avoid such an unstable test.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center