Re: Question about load balance

От Condor
Тема Re: Question about load balance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2012-06-11 09:35, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 06/10/12 11:26 PM, Condor wrote:
>> Im not sure, just looking how to make load balance. I have a small
>> database around 20 gb,
>> but I expect to join another database on different scheme and Im
>> looking for solution
>> about load balance or some cache mechanism. Bad part is one row from
>> db is read once
>> in a month, in worst scenario 3-4 times in month and I think cache
>> is not good option,
>> but I don't have idea how will work.
>

> whats the problem you're trying to solve?   so far, doesn't sound
> like you have anything that a decent database server couldn't handle
> easily.
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Maybe my fault that I have divided the issues into two separate e-mail,
  one for load balance and one bound by rules on how to bind together
two bases of different schemes.
As I wrote my base is small, and the server keeps a small load average,
but if bind together the two databases since
  both must use the recording and reading 3-4 tables only, I seek advice
if the server load is too much what I could do to it landed.
If I run load balance with pgpool how stable will be my system, I run
stream replication but I see when master send data to
slave and in this time I query slave server, slave server break query.
Did I will have same problems with pgpool.
Basically I want to be prepared what options I have if this happens.

H.

Сообщение: Re: Question about load balance
Сообщение: Re: Question about load balance