Re: documenting the backup manifest file format

От David Steele
Тема Re: documenting the backup manifest file format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/14/20 3:55 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> OK, but I think if we're putting a timestamp string in ISO-8601 format
> in the manifest it should be in UTC / Zulu time, precisely to avoid
> these issues. If that's too much trouble then yes an epoch time will
> probably do.

Happily ISO-8601 is always UTC. The problem I'm referring to is the
timezone setting on the host system when doing conversions in C.

To be fair most languages handle this well and C is C so I'm not sure we
need to make a big deal of it. In JSON/XML it's pretty common to use
ISO-8601 so that seems like a rational choice.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: documenting the backup manifest file format
Сообщение: Re: documenting the backup manifest file format