Re: Example code Re: Singleton SELECT inside cursor loop

От Ron
Тема Re: Example code Re: Singleton SELECT inside cursor loop
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/1/22 07:20, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2022-10-01 02:22:22 -0500, Ron wrote:
>> I extracted the singleton into a function, and that helped me isolate the
>> problem.
> I don't know what a singleton select is (duckduckgo tells me it has
> something to do with DB2 and/or COBOL, or maybe it's a whisky), but:

A query which returns one row.  Typically SELECT COUNT/MAX/etc without a
GROUP BY clause.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Names of run-time configuration parameters (was: Limiting the operations that client-side code can perform upon its database backend's artifacts)