Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/23/23 12:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 5:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> * I agree that the "tabular" format looks nicer and has fewer i18n
>>> issues than the other proposals.
>
>> As you are on board with a separate command please clarify whether you mean
>> the tabular format but still with newlines, one row per grantee, or the
>> table with one row per grantor-grantee pair.
>
> I'd lean towards a straight table with a row per grantee/grantor.
> I tend to think that faking table layout with some newlines is
> a poor idea.  I'm not dead set on that approach though.

[Personal hat]

Generally, I find the tabular view w/o newlines is easier to read, and
makes it simpler to join to other data (though that may not be
applicable here).

Again, I'm not the target user of this feature (until I need to use it),
so my opinion comes with a few grains of salt.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения