Re: Oddity in tuple routing for foreign partitions

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Oddity in tuple routing for foreign partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/04/25 4:49, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>>> Robert, I think this is your turf, per 3d956d9562aa.  Are you looking
>>> into it?
>>
>> Thanks for the ping.  I just had a look over the proposed patch and I
>> guess I don't like it very much.  Temporarily modifying the range
>> table in place and then changing it back before we return seems ugly
>> and error-prone.  I hope we can come up with a solution that doesn't
>> involve needing to do that.
>
> I have done some refactoring to avoid that.  See attached.

+1 for getting rid of the PlannerInfo argument of the many functions in
that code.  I have long wondered if we couldn't rid of it and especially
thought of it when reviewing this patch.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: Oddity in tuple routing for foreign partitions
Сообщение: Re: Oddity in tuple routing for foreign partitions